Sunday, April 5, 2009

FS113, WT212, OCCC, Who's your Daddy ?

For this card I combined three challenges, today's featured stamper #FS113 - justwritedesigns (Julie) - she has a fabulous gallery - please check it out -and last Thursday's Ways to Use It WT212 - Foiled Again over at Splitcoast Stampers and today's challenge on Our Creative Corners Blog - Easter theme. I cased this card of Julie's - "No legged Chicken".
I stamped the Rooster image at Pat Smethers while visiting her last month - thanks Pat. I received the little House Mouse image from America a couple of months ago - thanks America. I water coloured the images, cut out the House Mouse image and placed in front of Mr. Rooster. Clear embossed the roosters beak and the Easter Egg.
Sponged edges with chocolate chip, matted with black and sewed edges. Main card is 5 1/4 x 5 1/4 white card stock. I recycled a foil pie pan - ran the foil through the cuttlebug with the distressed lines folder - it broke up a bit as you can see. I placed some tape on the black panel, stuck on the foil and sewed foil down. Matted the panel with SU really rust. Used a circle nestability for my sentiment panel and More Mustard card stock. Stamped on "Hello" sentiment - this is from Stampin Up - Hedgehog Happiness set. Sponged edge with more mustard, attached with black brads. Used the SU window punch for the two more mustard strips on the lower right corner - sponged edges and attached with black brads. I recycled some wood shaves from and old gift basket - thought it looked like straw and used two punched leaf sprigs - given to me from Pat Smethers :). Main image panel and sentiment are up on pop dots.
I had to chuckle at this card.... it sure does look like Mr. Rooster is asking the little mouse - "Hey there - Who's your Daddy????


Thanks for stopping by...
Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment