Monday, March 30, 2009

House Mouse Challenge #31 - Bags or Boxes

Happy House Mouse Monday everyone... Over at the House Mouse & Friends Monday Blog the challenge is to decorate a bag or box, or make your own bag or box or make something from a bag or box. There is a sponsor for this weeks challenge

"The Cutting Cafe" - the company has a wonderful variety of template files and printable image to download and use. They will be giving away any three sets of the winners choice.

I used the basic design from The Cutting Cafe' - but I needed a little bigger box. My box is 4" x 5". I used the Martha Stewart zig zag border punch on the top part of the box. I received my House Mouse image from America (thanks America). Water coloured the image with SU reinkers. I used fun flock (caramel latte tan) on the mouse - this was the first time I have used the fun flock - I really like the effect.

Matted image with chocolate chip, stitched around edge. Cut out three rectangles -pink, yellow, blue and attached to image with brad. I matted the Easter DP (Craft n Craftin ) with tempting turquoise and non SU yellow - stitched edges. Attached the blue felt ribbon. I placed different coloured brads over dots on the dp. Cut out the little bunny - it was from the other side of the chick dp, cut out an extra little chick. Placed the Bunny above the HM image to look like the mouse was handing the Bunny the Easter egg... The sentiment is from The Cutting Cafe" - from the Everyday Occasions Sayings - I just used the center part of the sentiment. sponged on barely banana over sentiment. Attached the HM image with brads, popped up main panel.

Hopefully you'll be able to join us over at House Mouse and Friends, just make sure to use one House Mouse, Gruffies or Happy Hopper image. Please have a look at all the wonderful design from the Design Team.



Thanks for stopping by, happy stamping



Patricia Rose

6 comments:

  1. This is awesome Patricia! How totally and completely ADORABLE with these FUN Easter colors. Those extra images really make this BOX super-duper CUTE!!!!! WOW!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, that fun flock you used on your mouse is great, love it! and I like the edge on the box.. again another wonderful challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww...what a cute fun box! I love that little bunny..so cute! I really love the colors too. Great job on this challenge. :)

    (you may want to email your project photo to Carolyn to post..we've not heard from Emma and went ahead and posted those that we had)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so springy and cute Patricia. I like the added chicks and bunny. hee hee Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun layout and colors. I love the little bunny popping out from the top!! Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful box, Patricia. I love those gorgeous colors you used and your coloring is wonderful. This is adorable!

    ReplyDelete