Sunday, April 26, 2009

CC215, TLC217, Gesso'd colour challenge


For this card I combined two challenges from Splitcoast Stampers - the Technique Challenge TLC217 - "Gesso" and the colour challenge CC215 " pink pirouette (pretty in pink), Rose Red and Basic Grey". I did not have the Gesso product - what I did was use some of my acrylic white paint and brushed it overtop of a page from a magazine. I let it dry and then stamped my flower image in versamark ink, stamped on top of the magazine and then clear embossed. I sponged over the image/page with pretty in pink and then sponged around the image with rose red. Matted with basic grey and then pretty in pink. Sewed around edges. Main card is pretty in pink, next is basic grey. the dp is from a Brenda Walton "K & Company" called Sweet Talk. Did a double wandering stitch around edges. Added the plaid ribbon (rak from America) the metal corners and garden tool charms. The flower panel is popped up. The flower image is from Hero Arts called Silhouette corners.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Pat; As I was looking at your card I was wondering how you got the words so nicely on the card, ah using a magazine page then stamping on it is way cool.. Great card

    ~Joan

    ReplyDelete