Thursday, April 30, 2009

House Mouse Challenge #36 - Gatefold







Happy House Mouse Monday everyone.... Over at House Mouse and Friends, Janneke has challenged us to make a gatefold card. Here is a link to Splitcoast Stampers gatefold tutorial.


This is what I came up with...


I stamped my adorable House Mouse image "Birthday Cupcake HMJR1007" on whisper white with Stazon Jet Black, twice. Water coloured images. I cut out one of the images. On the bottom image I sponged chocolate chip and creamy caramel around image. On the top (cut out) image I clear embossed the candles. Adhered the top image. Used the labels two nestability to cut out image. Cut out a larger chocolate chip label 2 nesty to mat image. The CC nesty was to big for my card so I cut it down to fit. Attached the 3 pink brads. The base card measures 4" x 5". I cut out a piece of chocolate chip 8" long and 5" wide. I scored lines @ 2" and 6" on the 8" side. I made the two front panels, sponged and stitched edges.


A big thank you to Pat Smethers for the yummy paper - "Cupcake Dream - Swirlicious by Lasting Impressions). Attached the HM image with only one of the pink brads - this is so the image panel will move. Attached the three pink candles with glue dots. the image panel slides under the candle wicks to hold the gatefold closed.






Above is a view of the card open.


Above you can see how the image panel slides up.

Above is another view of the card open and a look at the inside.




I hope you can join us over at House Mouse and Friends. Just remember that you need to have 1 House Mouse, Happy Hopper or Gruffies image on your card or project. Please make sure to check out what the other DT have made to inspire you.




Thanks for stopping by.


Happy Stamping




Pat

6 comments:

  1. Pat this is awesome! I like how your gate fold opens and pulls up, very creative. Great papers, and coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Pat not only is this a creative masterpiece - it's a technical one as well.
    It blew a fuse in my brain just thinking about how you achieved this - not that it takes much to fuse my brain. Fabulous colours and papers.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant idea, fun HM card - overall an awesome creation Pat! But then again, we dont exepect anything less from talented you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea with the gate fold. I love the candles in the corner!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a magnificent card, Patricia! love the fold and the 'candle-holders'! your coloring is fabulous and the nested shape, too! yep, this here card is enchanting!

    ReplyDelete