Monday, April 20, 2009

Memories of Memphis



I made this card/mini scrapbook for my Daughter "Kristy" and her family. Last week they had to have their beloved dog "Memphis" put to sleep. Memphis was a wonderful pet and friend to everyone. I wanted to make a sympathy card for them and this is what I came up with. I changed a colour photo into sepia. Matted image with white and black. Main card is 5 1/2 x 5 1/2 kraft. I used the Creating Keepsakes dp - I tore the paper in half and sponged edges with close to cocoa. Sewed around edges. Added the Daisy D hardware hinges. Sponged close to cocoa on the chipboard letter. All layers are popped up.
For the inside, there are 5 pages. First one is the sentiment and then four blank pages. I stitched down the left side then added the large eyelets. I stamped the paws in close to cocoa. Tied the little book closed with polka dot ribbon. I am very pleased with how this turned out. My daughter and her husband absolutely loved it.
Thanks for stopping by...
Pat

2 comments:

  1. Hey so sorry to hear about Memphis, the mini scrap book is a wonderful idea, nicely done.

    ~Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very sorry to hear about Memphis, what a wonderful gift your giving here...so lovely!

    ReplyDelete