Sunday, April 4, 2010

TSMONDAY23, With Enough Caffeine...

Hope you all had a fabulous Easter Holiday. I was lucky enough to see all three of my grown children and a couple of my grand daughters.... My DH cooked me an absolutely delicious dinner - lucky, lucky me.

For today's Totally Stampalicious blog challenge I came up with this weeks challenge - to make an Easel style card. I love how these cards look and are fairly easy to make. Here is a wonderful tutorial given by Beate Johns on Splitcoast Stampers.
I used the Totally Stampalicious "Coffee Brawd" set on my Easel card. I coloured Coffee Brawd with Prisma colour pencil crayons. Cut out image. Cut out square chocolate frame using two different sized square nestabilities. Cut a square of white card stock and vellum. Ran the vellum square through crimper to give it a textured look. Matted panel with pink card stock. Sewed frame with a wandering stitch. I matted the Debbie Mumm Paisely dp with a textured brown and pink card stock. Used large scalloped border punch on the paisely and pink upper panel. Cut a thin brown strip for the scalloped panel. Sewed edges and strip. Made my crushed scalloped flower using the pink, brown and paisley dp. Cut out scallops with nestabilities and cuttlebug dies. Cut out the Sizzlet leaves. Sewed on button center. Stamped sentiments one white acrylic water coloured paper in close to cocoa. Cut out one of the sentiments with oval nestability. Sponged edges. I stamped the coffee mugs onto paisley dp and cut out with exacto knife. The "Java Junkie" sentiment was cut out using my Cuttlebug letter dies. Ran the letters through the Xyron sticker machine. Assembled card. I used this sketch that I saw on the Delightful Sketches blog.
Below is a closeup of the top part of my Easel Card.
Below is a close up of the bottom section of the Easel card.

I hope you will join us over at Totally Stampalicious for this weeks challenge. Make sure to check out what the other very talented DT members have come up with to inspire you.

This also works for this weeks challenge over at Our Creative Corner - to use buttons.


Thanks for stopping by,

Happy Stamping and Creating,


Hugs... Pat

8 comments:

  1. Lovin the pink and brown, awesome~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love that flower/button embellie...what a delicious creation, Patricia!!! THanks for the idea for this week's challenge!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool! The colors a fav you know, and your sentiment on the fold is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Love the colours and that flower. Thanks for playing along at Our Creative Corner this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is awesome!!! I love how you have embellished your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous easel card Pat!! Love that paper flower with the button middle :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this! Great colour combo, the flower is perfect and I love that you made the leaves pink and brown!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome card! I've never tried an easel card, but yours is really inspiring me. Maybe I'll give it a try! Thanks for "breaking out the buttons" for this week's OCC challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete