Sunday, April 11, 2010

Thinking of You

Happy Sunday everyone.... my favourite challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers is the featured stamper challenge... I am so happy to see that Pat Smether's one of the sweetest and nicest ladies has been chosen for this honour.... here is the card I cased. Make sure to check out her amazing gallery (patsmethers), full of wonderful works of heart.
This is an image of my youngest son "Guy" - he was about 6 years old at the time - we were at a Rodeo in Falkland, British Columbia... he is looking a little sad in this picture..
I made the faux leather background - stamped the paisleys and flowers in versa mark ink onto More Mustard card stock and then clear embossed them.. Next I overstamped the whole panel in versamark ink and clear embossed again. Base card is Barely Banana, next is black and then the faux leather panel.. Matted the image with black - all edges were distressed and sewed. I stamped the sentiment, cut it out and clear embossed it. Assembled card. Cut a strip of black leather and attached Armadillo concho and the two silver brads. Finished inside of card.
Enjoy you day in the spotlight Pat Smethers...

Thanks for stopping by,
Happy Stamping and Creating.

Hugs... Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment