Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Enjoy - It's your special Day

Above is hinge card closed.
Below hinge card is open.
Happy Tuesday everyone.
For this card I combined three challenges from Splitcoast Stampers - Colour challenge #CC220 - bashful blue, so saffron and pumpkin pie, Ways to use it challenge #WT219 - stamp it again and the Technique challenge #TLC222 - hinged card. This adorable House Mouse Image is called "In a Nutshell". I stamped image twice on water colour paper in stazon jet black. Water coloured with Stampin Up reinkers. Cut out the mouse and shell. Clear embossed the water on the main image to give it some shine. I used a plain circle nestability to cut out image. Matted with bashful blue and scalloped circle in pumpkin pie. I ran the blue dp through the cuttlebug with divine swirls folder. On the bottom orange panel, I used my Martha Stewart scalloped border punch, once on the Pumpkin pie and once again on the striped dp. I sewed around edges of upper and lower panels. Added diamond stickles to the swirls and the top of the flower. I popped up the flower and mouse head only to give them dimension. Attached the double ribbon, sentiment brad and corduroy hinge brad. Stamped the sentiment in stazon jet black, cut out circle, sponged edges with pumpkin pie. Sentiment is from Scrappy Cats - called birthday wishes.
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Stamping
Pat

3 comments:

  1. HOW ADORABLE!!! Love this cute little image and you rocked this technique!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, cool I just love this. Hugs Cindy xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful card with an "uplifting" surprise. The colors are great and the cuttlebug folder embossing makes for some very nice waves. Anyone who might receive this card would certainly enjoy.

    ReplyDelete