Monday, January 25, 2010

Inspired by Karen B Barber

Happy Monday everyone... I made this card yesterday -my second of the day - for Splitcoast Stampers Featured Stamper Challenge... FS155 - Karen B Barber - make sure to check out her amazing gallery - she is one talented artist. Here is the card that inspired me - "Black and white magic". Karen is known for her beautiful cards using the black magic technique. Here is a tutorial given by Karen for the Black magic technique with a twist. I have only made one other card using it. I love the stamp she used "Inspired by Nature" so it was the perfect choice for me to case. I stamped the image using craft white ink onto chocolate chip card stock. Coloured the flowers with prisma colour pencil crayons. Used white gel pen to apply the dots. Made the little fence with a Martha Stewart punch. Scored lines, folded and sponged edges with chocolate chip to highlight the individual boards.

Recipe:

Stamps - Stampin Up - Inspired by Nature
Paper - Recollections - Autumn, Stampin Up - chocolate chip, more mustard, white
Ink - Stampin Up - craft white, chocolate chip
Accessories - sewing machine, Martha Stewart border punch, ribbon, white gel pen, prisma colour pencil crayons, pop dots, sponge

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy stamping and creating,

Hugs - Pat

1 comment: