Sunday, August 30, 2009

House Mouse - gift card holder challenge

Happy Monday everyone. Yeah, we're back from our summer break and ready to start in with our challenges again at House Mouse and Friends Monday Challenge Blog. Janneke has given us this weeks challenge - to make a gift card holder.

Here is my take on the challenge.



I first saw this style of gift card on Splitcoast Stampers - it was for the technique challenge #TLC196. Here is a tutorial from The Hero Arts Blog on how to make this gift card.

I water coloured this adorable House Mouse image called "Santa's Little Helper". I applied white fun flock to the hat. Matted image with Stampin Up garden green and riding hood red cardstock. I purchased the Christmas designer paper from Michael's. Used the Snowflake Cuttlebug embossing folder and matted with riding hood red. For one of the giftcards I used the Labels two Spellbinder die and the other a scalloped square. The little power tool is from a Novelty button package. On the other card I used two punched out snowflakes and added rhinestones to the center. Image panels are popped up. I finished off the insides with a green plaid dp and the Christmas dp.

Below is the second gift card I made.



Below is how the inside of the gift card looks.


I hope you will join us over at House Mouse and Friends. Make sure to check out what the other wonderfully talented design team members have come up with to inspire you and check out their blogs for more details.

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Stamping

Pat Rose

8 comments:

  1. this is just the cutest.....and so practical too....great work

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an cutie ;0)
    Love it!

    Hugs, Janneke X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gift card holders are adorable. I love both versions. I love how you carried the Christmas designer paper to the inside for continuity. Great job! Keep on stampin' on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely adorable!!! Great job on the challenge Pat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pat - I'm back in blogland - gosh how I've missed my Mousie fixes. Your gift card is adorable, fabulous Christmas colours and papers and love that cute Santa's Little helper.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I like this GF holder, very different way to hold the card. Wonderful Christmas idea, love the papers and the darling little guy of course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to check out that GF holder. Looks great. Super cute card.

    ReplyDelete