Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I'm So Happy .......



Happy Tuesday everyone.... I made this adorable Charlie Horse card, late last night... the Colour challenge at Splitcoast Stampers was up loaded early - so of COURSE I had to make a CC card before I could go to sleep. Colour challenge #CC227 ( lavender lace, black, white, going grey and barley banana). I just purchased this adorable Charlie Horse Image from Clear Dollar Stamps called "Charlie Daisy" and wanted to use it for today's Colour Challenge, I also Incorporated yesterday's technique challenge #TLC229 - faux grid and this weeks Our Creative Corner challenge - use pets or any other animal on your card/project. This is what I came up with... I so love this happy prancing "Appaloosa" Charlie....

I made the faux grid panel 4"x4". Stamped on Charlie, the larger daisies, the flying butterflies and clouds. I used my Zig marker to darken in the faux grid lines. Next I water coloured the barely banana squares with reinkers, the lavender squares and the butterflies with prisma colour pencil crayon and gamsol. Charlie is water coloured with basic black. I stamped on the black dots and used white gel pen for the white dots. The going gray dots that are at the bottom edge and stamped lighter over the rest - I used a stamp from Stampin Up's Itty Bitty set. Sponged edge with basic black. Matted with white, black and lavender lace. Sewed edges. Attached the ribbon and pewter sentiment slider. Main card is 5 1/4 x 5 1/4. I sewed 1/4" in on the Going Gray base card. Added the Diamond Stickles to the butterflies and the flower tops.


Recipe:

Stamps - Clear Dollar Stamps - Charlie Daisy, Stampin Up - Itty bitty backgrounds, Hanna Stamps - Route 66 (used the clouds and dirt specs)

Paper - Stampin Up - going grey, lavender lace, whisper white, Non SU black and white cardstock

Ink - barely banana, basic black, going grey, old olive, Stazon jet black

Accessories - brads, piercing tool, Diamond Stickles, Olfa Rotary grid mat, sewing machine, pop dots, sponge, ribbon, pewter sentiment hardware (Dollar Store), Zig black marker, ruler, white gel pen


Thanks for stopping by.

Happy Stamping,

Hugs

Pat Rose :)

2 comments:

  1. such an adorable design Pat! Great use of those cute CDS stamps!

    ReplyDelete