Sunday, March 27, 2011

Vintage Truck on Route 66


Happy Sunday every... Here is a card I made earlier in the week for Mothermarks Teapot Tuesday challenge - "Are you outta your gourd - I ordered a Ford".

Our destination for our cards this week is Brampton, Ontario - to "Kim" - he is the cousin of fellow Splitcoast Stamper - teapotter "Laurie" (Virigo05) - he was diagnosed with stage 4 prostate cancer which has spread to his bones and he is only 41 years old. We are hoping our cards will bring a little joy to him. He loves Fords, hockey, football, steaks etc.

As I work at a Ford dealership (Steve Marshall Ford) and Kim is the chairman of Local 584 at the Ford Company I just had to bring Kim a vintage Ford truck. While driving along Route 66 my DH and I stopped at Hackberry General Store and saw this vintage truck parked in front of an old garage. I tried to recreate this scene but omitted all the signs from the garage so that the old truck would stand out. I hand drew the garage and I quite pleased with how it turned out.

Thanks for stopping by,

Happy Stamping and Creating,


Hugs.. Pat

1 comment:

  1. Wow!! What a fabulous card and take on the original photo!! Your colouring is fantastic! You have hit the nail on the head Pat!

    ReplyDelete