Saturday, January 1, 2011

A red hat for Joyce

HAPPY NEW YEAR. I hope you had a fabulous New Years. My DH and I went for a beautiful walk today around a lovely Bird Sanctuary. I took several pictures with my new Digital SLR camera :)

I made this card for the challenge over at Totally Stampalicious "Recycle it". The flower and the red leaves are from recycled items. The flower was punched out three times using a Cuttlebug flower die - once from a plastic coffee can lid and twice from Christmas tissue paper (from one of my gifts) - the red leaves are from Christmas wrapping paper (from a gift). The image I used is from Totally Stampalicious - Bugaboo line called "Red Hat Stella".

This card is also for two challenges over at Splitcoast Stampers - sketch challenge #SC312 and
for Mothermarks Teapot Tuesday challenge #MMTPT126. Once of our fellow SCS (jjai) has had cancer for 13 years, recently had surgery for her cancer and now is suffering Stroke like side effects. Joyce is a Red Hat Society Lady - we are sending her Red Hat themed cards to help cheer her up and show our love and support.

Thanks for stopping in,
Happy stamping and creating,

Hugs.. Pat




2 comments:

  1. loving this sassy red hatter.....wishing you a fab New Year...so glad to be playing along on the TS team with you in this new year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card, Pat!! The textured panel is perfect and I love your creative use of recycled items...and for such a wonderful cause!!

    ReplyDelete