Monday, December 20, 2010

Totally Stampalicious - It's all FAUX fun



Merry Christmas -I hope you are better prepared for Christmas than I am - I have been running around in circles for days. Each year I seem to be more and more disorganized than ever. I am very pleased with myself - I did manage to get a big project finished yesterday with some help from my DH. We made Calendars for our parents - using assorted pictures from our Spain trip. Anyways - enough of that. Onto today's fun challenge at TS.

It's time for another Totally Stampalicious challenge - this week we have been asked to "FAKE IT" (ie: faux stitching, faux brads, faux metal, faux wood, faux linen etc). I used the "faux stitching" and "faux brad" techniques on my card. The "Snowmen" are from the Totally Stampalicious "Snowmen" set. I stamped the snowman once, masked it, and then stamped snowmen again. I stamped the scarfs on a textured acrylic paper and coloured with Stampin Up "more mustard" and "soft suede" markers. Pierced holes and attached the mini black brads. Faux stitched around image. I cut a strip of Kraft card stock and scored lines every 1/4 inch. Rubbed chocolate chip ink over raised ridges. Matted all panels with gemstone black card stock. Attached the Faux brads with pop dots. Used a felt Dollar Store snowflake, added Dazzling Diamonds to the snowflake, their Halo"s, the ground and some to the sky (falling snowflakes). Designer paper is from K&Company - Yuletide mat pack.

Check out what the other TS DT members have come up with to inspire you. If you make a card/project make sure to upload it to Mr. Linky from you Blog or Gallery.

This card will also work for a challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers - the Technique challenge TLC304, issued by Joan Ervin - to do Faux or Real stitching on your card.

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Hugs.. Patricia Rose

1 comment:

  1. I Love this snowman card! Great job on the faux stitching! Those scarves and halos are beautiful too! Adorable!

    ReplyDelete