Sunday, September 5, 2010

FS187 - casing Emily Niehaus (aka "stampingout")

Happy Sunday everyone.... Here are two cards I made for today's featured stamper challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers. The featured stamper is Emily Niehaus (aka "stampingout"). Emily's gallery is full of beautiful works of art.... There are so many cards I want to case - but only managed to case two today.

I cased THIS card "Krafty Blue Vanilla Birthday". I used the same Stampin Up flower stamp "Upsy Daisy", the sentiment is from Stampin Up "Well Scripted" set. I also used the "Weathered backgrounder" stamp from Stampin Up on the Kraft base card. Stamped bg with versamark ink and clear embossed. I stamped the flowers with Night of Navy ink and the over stamped with Basic Black using just the edge of the ink pad - to make a "Plaid" design - then I clear embossed the flowers. Matted image with Night of Navy card stock and sewed around the image twice. Stamped on the sentiment. Attached the photo corner and sewed on the buttons with raffia.

For my second card I cased THIS beautiful card of Emily's called "Life". The foliage is from Stampin Up's set "Inspired by Nature" and the sentiment is from Stampin Up's "It's your Birthday" set. I stamped the image and sentiment using Chocolate Chip ink onto cream card stock, cut out a circle mask for the moon. Starting at the bottom I sponged on Really Rust ink, next Pumpkin Pie and then Apricot Appeal. Masked the image panel with Chocolate Chip and a textured cream card stock. Base card is chocolate chip. Ribbon is from Martha Stewart. I sewed the image panel with yellow thread.


Thanks for stopping by,
Happy stamping and creating,

Hugs.. Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment