Friday, May 21, 2010

A pretty poppy just for you

Here is a card I made earlier this week. I just love this pretty poppy from the Stampin Up set - In full bloom. The sentiment is from the SU set - Fresh Cuts. I coloured the flower with prisma colour pencil crayons and gamsol. Clear embossed the flower, next I stamped over the image with SU's Sanded backgrounder and a Script backgrounder stamp using Close t Cocoa ink. I stamped the So Saffron panel and the Kraft base card with the Sanded and Script BG. Sponged and distressed all edges. Matted the flower panel with Rich Razzleberry and Dusty Durango card stock. Sewed edges of flower panel. Stamped sentiment and punched out the circle. Attached brass hardware and sentiment with white lace ribbon. Attached the mini brads.
I am very pleased with how this turned out. The sketch I used is from Splitcoast Stampers #SC281 and the colours are from challenge #CC271.

Thanks for stopping by,
Happy stamping and creating,

Hugs.. Pat

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed taking a second look at this beauty....love every detail

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo BEAUTIFUL PAT!!! Thanks so much for having been a part of our Team at HM&F. We miss you! Come back to see us on Monday 5/24 and join us for more FUN as we host our first ever blog-hop! There will be lots and lots of FAB House Mouse prizes. :)

    ReplyDelete