Sunday, February 22, 2009

Casing Sgtstamper - Delight in the Little Things

Woo Hoo.... Congratulation Jami (Sgtstamper on SCS)... Your gallery rocks. I chose to case this little House Mouse cutie - Colour challenged Mouse.You are to change at lease two things on your card. I kept the same theme and similar colours. I changed the image from House Mouse to Happy Hopper ( Bunny Bath), altered the layout a bit, changed from straight stitching to wandering stitch, my button is placed differently and I added a chipboard sentiment. My card also works for Thursday's Ways to use it challenge WT206 on SCS - to use stripes. I used striped dp (My Mind's eye Bloom and Grow) for the bathroom wall paneling. Can you see the the tile floor I made, I scored the lines, water coloured the floor lightly with creamy caramel, then went over the score lines with chocolate chip. My Happy Hopper image is brand spankin new, I received it in the mail on Friday along with the cutest Gruffie card and several other sweet images and pretty ribbon - coming all the way from Clovis, California - from the one and only Pat Smethers, Thanks Pat (hugs).

I water coloured the image with Stampin Up reinkers, cut out the upper part of the image and placed over the striped designer paper. Layered over a square of chocolate chip on an angle. Added the brown button and polka dot ribbon embellishment. Used my Stampin up scalloped border punch on the polka dot dp and chocolate chip card stock. Main card is 5 1/2" square more mustard, next is chocolate chip, then the dp from My Minds Eye. I added diamond stickles to the bath water and in the middle of the little flowers.

1 comment:

  1. This is so cute! I like the papers, great bunny and coloring!

    ReplyDelete